Tiffany van Soest failed to defend her belt.
The professional kickboxer and MMA fighter was outpointed by veteran Anissa Meksen at Glory 48 Superfight Series, thus losing her women’s super bantamweight title. The event, which aired on UFC Fight Pass, took place on Friday night at The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
Although van Soest lost a unanimous decision with the judges scoring the title bout in Meksen’s favor (49-46, 49-46, 48-47), “Time Bomb” waged a competitive fight against Meksen. All five rounds were fairly close. Van Soest seemed to land the more significant punches, but Meksen struck more often, landing plenty of leg kicks against van Soest.
With this result, van Soest snapped an eight-fight win streak and now holds a record of 18-3-1 in her professional kickboxing career, while her opponent, Meksen, improved to 94-3 in kickboxing.
Also worth noting, former UFC fighter Chris Camozzi picked up a dominant win in his kickboxing debut.
The middleweight fighter ran though his opponent Kyle Weickhardt with ease. Camozzi overwhelmed Weickhardt with pressure and dropped him once in the first round. The second round was again all Camozzi, as he moved forward while repeatedly tagging up Weickhardt. Although Weickhardt made it through the second, he wasn’t able to continue to the third. Weickhardt’s corner decided to throw in the towel.
Below are the full results from the Glory kickboxing card.
Full Glory 48 results (ESPN 3):
- Kevin VanNostrand vs. Anvar Boynazarov – interim Glory featherweight title bout
- Thiago Silva vs. John King – light heavyweight
- Wayne Barrett vs. Robert Thomas – middleweight qualification tournament semi-finals
- Mike Lemaire vs. Matt Baker – middleweight qualification tournament semi-finals
Glory 48 Superfight Series results (UFC Fight Pass):
- Anissa Meksen def. Tiffany van Soest via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 48-47) – women’s super bantamweight bout
- Chris Camozzi def. Kyle Weickhardt via technical knockout (corner stoppage) (Round 2, 3:00) – middleweight bout
- Elvis Gashi def. Nate Richardson via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26) – lightweight bout
- Ivan Galaz def. Paul Banasiak via majority decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28) – middleweight bout
- Itay Gershon def. Justin Houghton via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) –lightweight bout